The ambition of this 14-month programme is to innovate, organise and promote tourism of a high quality, respecting local identities and showing solidarity.
It aims to be a means to bring dynamism to the destinations, to make territories more attractive and to encourage the development of tourism and local economies thanks to sustainable tourism goals, such as increasing economic value, improving the social situation of the service-providers and tourism players, the protection and enhancement of the environment through a policy of raising environmental awareness, and the promotion of a sustainable management of the territory.
Its goal is to develop a system promoting innovation and competition in the tourism sector and to encourage cooperation and the development of joint projects among the players in the partner regions.
The objectives and issues of the ART2 project :
- To highlight the potential offered by each region, committing them to a genuine overall strategy of sustainable economic development around the tourist sector.
- To create economic momentum by mobilising all the players in the region in order to encourage growth, jobs and sustainable development.
- To strengthen the sector’s professionalism by carrying out analyses and developing measures to meet the issues raised.
- To set up a real momentum for cooperation between the five regional partners.
- To work together on the transport of people and goods so as to widen the tourist catchment area, raising and validating what is on offer in the sector.
- To jointly encourage the circulation of goods and services in the cross-border era.
- To develop collaboration to improve and support synergies in line with the joint maritime, coastal and inland/piedmont plain dimensions, by bringing together identified priority sectors in the cross-border areas.
- To promote the creation of networks, and reinforce the links between the cross-border areas.
- To develop the sector’s competitivity in a sustainable way.
- To offer tourist services that are adapted to changes in consumer expectations.
- To organise the commercial offer.
- To use the skills and experience of the Mediterranean partners in the sustainable tourism sector in order to make tourism a major driving force for economic growth and development in the regions.
Specific actions and activities to be carried out :
This project, which was set up to prepare the next programme schedule (PO 2014-2020), today leads us to examine the priority sectors and to work directly with companies to have a clear view of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Mapping, research and analysis of the tourist sector on a regional level and on a cross-border regional level.
- Understanding the regions and conducting research into convergences between partners.
- Work on the ground, meeting companies and gathering information.
- Determining synergies and complementarities in the tourism sector.
- Cross-checking data between companies on the cross-border level.
- Drawing up orientations and an action plan for the next five years in preparation for the next programme schedule (PO 2014-2020).
The territories of Balagne, eastern Corsica, the region of Ajaccio and western Corsica are concerned by the project, not only so as to work in areas that are representative of the island’s economic fabric, but also because they are diverse enough to give us a global view on regional issues.